Insuring Commercial Property needn’t take a lot of time and effort. You can get highly tailored quotes from a panel of specialists by clicking the red button now!
Cover available can include:
- Rent Guarantee
- Legal Fees
- Contents Cover
- Building Insurance
- Liability Cover
- Accidental Damage
Commercial Landlord Insurance Explained
Letting commercial property can be a very profitable endeavour but only if approached in the right way. A good landlord knows that letting property requires a lot of planning and that all possible precautions have to be taken. Once of the most important steps for letting commercial property successfully is getting a good insurance policy in place.
With so many insurance providers offering commercial landlord insurance, it is now easier than ever to get a policy at a very competitive rate. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the types of cover that are available before getting quotes so you can make the most informed decision possible.
If you’re already certain about the type of policy that you want to get then you can get your quotes immediately by clicking the red button now.
Types of Cover
- Buildings Insurance – This is a standard for any commercial landlord insurance policy. Any damage that occurs to the structure of the building will be covered regardless of how it’s caused. Buildings insurance is never something to neglect and is usually the cornerstone of any commercial landlord insurance policy. Structural damage can occur to your building by things like fire and flooding. If the building were to be completely destroyed then it would be devastating if you didn’t have cover in place.
- Contents Insurance – A typical commercial building will have a lot of contents, which can easily be damaged or stolen. Having contents cover will ensure that you’re compensated when this happens. Contents cover is very important for commercial buildings so if you don’t already have contents cover with insurance then getting this type of cover included in your policy is a must.
- Public Liability – Liability claims can be very costly if they go against you so it’s always to have a good level of public liability insurance in place. Liability claims are more likely in properties where a lot of people occupy them. If someone either inside or outside of the building were to be injured as a result of the building being unsafe, then you would be liable as the property owner. If a liability claim goes against you then you’d almost certainly have to pay out and without cover in place, this could be disastrous.
- Legal Expenses – Legal expenses can soon mount up if you have to fight a liability claim so it’s always a wise idea to have cover in place. Bogus liability claims are certainly not unheard of and if you were to face such a claim you want to know that you’ll have the means to fight it. Legal expenses makes sense when you’re already getting public liability insurance.
The Benefits of Commercial Landlord Insurance
Some of the benefits of getting commercial landlord insurance online include –
- An easy-to-manage policy – The policy you take out will be easy to manage and if necessary, you’re usually able to insure multiple properties under one insurance policy. This makes things easy to manage and can also save you money too.
- Multiple cover options – When you take out a policy you can specify exactly the type of cover you want to have included. Whilst buildings insurance is standard, you can also choose to have additional levels of cover such as contents insurance, public liability and legal expenses.
- Expert advice – If you’re not completely certain of the type of cover you should get then you can speak to an expert adviser who will be able to explain the different types of cover that are available in more detail. It’s always a good idea to speak to an adviser if you’re not completely certain about the different cover options you can choose from since it will help you to make a more informed decision.
- Flexible payment options – You can pay for your policy by using a UK credit/debit card or by setting up a direct debit. The process is very quick and simple – taking just a matter of minutes. Once your policy is in place, the payments will be taken out each month and you no longer have to worry about anything.
- Instant documentation – You will be covered immediately and have the documentation you need sent to you.
- Make your properties as secure as you can by installing CCTV cameras, security lights and alarms – If you want to save money on commercial landlords insurance then you should make your property as secure as possible. A lot of commercial properties contain expensive equipment so they can very easily be targeted by thieves. By making your property secure, it means you’re less likely to need to make a claim. Therefore your insurance will not cost as much.
- Pay as much as you can upfront – The norm is to pay for insurance on a monthly basis and whilst this means you can spread the cost out, you’ll pay more than you would if you pay upfront. If you are able to pay upfront then see which insurance provider offers you the best discount since it can vary quite a lot from one insurance provider to the next.
- Get as many quotes as possible – Easily the most reliable way to save money on commercial landlord insurance is by getting as many quotes as you can. If you just go with the first insurance provider that you contact then you’re not really going to know if you’re getting a good deal or not. When you have quotes from several insurance providers, you can easily compare them and select the one that offers the best deal.
Get Quotes Now
Getting quotes for commercial landlord insurance is a quick and easy process. By getting multiple quotes you can compare them and decide which offers you the best value for money. To get started simply click the red button below which will take you to the quote form page. Once you have provided a bit of information about your policy needs you’ll then have access to your tailored quotes from the panel of commercial landlord insurance specialists.